Tuesday, July 27, 2010

You're Such A Character

I have not done one of my "top 10" lists for awhile, and I am sure you miss them... especially because it means I am not going to be yakking on about the wedding. So today I have for you my top 10 favorite TV characters of all time. Granted, these are only from the shows I watched, so I am sure there are some better ones out there, but this is my blog, and so I get to tell you my favorites. These are, in order:

10. Jo Polnachek (Facts of Life) - A true lesbian ahead of her time. Clearly if they re-made that show today, she would be out of the closet and not dating men. She also always had some great one liners and I loved her relationship with Blair.

9. Addison Montgomery (Private Practice) - She is the brains behind the operation. A world-class surgeon who is not only down to Earth, but beautiful as well. She definitely has herself some drama, no question, but she definitely earns her #9 spot.

8. Abby Lockhart (ER) - There was just always something I liked about Abby. I actually miss seeing her on Thursday nights. She was full of drama, and even went through some REALLY annoying points in the show, but she triumphed through the crap and came out on top.

7. Mike Sever (Growing Pains) - Who didn't want to be like Mike when they grew up? He was a good kid at heart, but always got into a little bit of fun. Mischief was his middle name, but somehow, there was always a "learning experience" for everything he went through.

6. Brian Kinney (Queer as Folk) - Brian made no bones about it... he did not give a fuck. Not about you, me, or anyone else. Yes, he had great friends and a good job. I would NEVER in a million years want his lifestyle, but I always had a soft spot for Brian Kinney. He just needed a hug and to know someone loved him.

5. Maxine Gray (Judging Amy) - Talk about someone who did not give a fuck. Maxine would do it her way, no matter what. She was above the law, and had a mouth that would make a sailor blush. She always had great lines and I wish they would have given that character her own show.

4. Roseanne Conner (Roseanne) - Easily one of the trashiest people ever on TV, but so damn funny. She also did not really care what people though and she totally embraced her "trashiness." Her character was written very well, and I am sure a lot of it mirrored her own life.

3. Rachel Greene (Friends) - I did not really fall in love with Rachel until the series ended, but they wrote her lines SO well. And not only was she written well, but she delivered them well. She was such a good comedian and I just wish I could pull out lines like Rachel did.

2. Amanda Woodward (Melrose Place) - The chief bitch... and I loved her. Amanda was rotten, nasty, and said things that everyone was thinking. She is another one who did not care about anyone else... she was all business and she did not mess around.

1. Karen Walker (Will & Grace) - This was an easy one. There is no doubt in my mind, Karen Walker was the best character ever on TV. True, her character evolved as the show went on, but she was funny from beginning to end. And they could not have found a better person to play her than Megan Mullally.

There you have it... my favorite TV characters of all time. Who are yours? Did I miss any?

Check back often for more Random Ramblings!

1 comment:

Randee said...

Jo is one of my all time faves!!!