Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Herzl's Not-So-Top 10 List

I have been experiencing writers block lately, and that is not a good thing when you have a blog due for Herzl Camp. So I thought I would do a Top 10 list of something and post it on my personal blog too. But suddenly, this got harder than I thought…

Top 10 Famous People at Herzl Camp
1. Bob Dylan
2. Bryan Greenberg

Well, that did not get me too far. Okay… how about another topic…

Top 10 Colors to Wear on Shabbat
1. White

I think we have exhausted that list.

Top 10 Old Flag Songs
1. Oh Canada

Hmmm… bad idea. Next?

Top 10 Old Herzl Programs
1. N’Divim
2. Maba

Yes there are others… but there are certainly not 10. These were the two best programs no longer in existence.

Top 10 Herzl Words
1. Ozo
2. Koontz

And the list was over. No word is better than Koontz!

Top 10 Hot Tubs
1. Ozo Mo

You cannot come up with 10 when there only is one in camp.

Top 10 Optional Breakfasts
1. Cinnamon Rolls

It used to rotate every other week between the cinnamon rolls and bagels, but alas, still not 10 to choose from.

Top 10 Herzl Stories
1. Rosemary
2. The Clown
3. Kundra

Okay… this is getting scary. I need to stop.

Top 10 Herzl Colors
1. Orange
2. Brown

That’s a pretty boring list.

Top 10 Herzl Sports Gone by the Wayside
1. Teatherball

I am still in shock that it is gone.

And then it hit me… a Top 10 List that could work…

Top 10 Places to Spend Your Summer
1. Herzl Camp
2. Machaneh Herzl
3. Herzl
4. Machaneh Paradise
5. Webster, Wisconsin
6. The shores of Devil’s Lake
7. The former Log Cabin Inn
8. The town next to Siren, Wisconsin
9. Theo’s Summer Shack
10. The greatest place on Earth

Okay, it was a stretch, but you get the point. Dorothy says “There is no place like home.” But I say… There is no place like Herzl Camp!


Check back often for more Random Ramblings!

No comments: